Saturday, December 21, 2019

Heal

I'm your child, they say
I carry your looks, your genes
For how many years now, though
I wished I hadn't been!

I only remember a monster
Still haunting my dreary dreams
Someone with drunken emotions
Ideologies and archaic spiel.

You blabbered through our nights, fiery
Lengthy sermons on your notions, scary
Shivering with tears, I stood there
All through my tainted teens.

Some days when I'm lost, like I am now
To choose between righteous and faulty
I'm amazed how you chose so steadily
To go down paths, sleazy.

I wonder why I can't still go there -
Being yours, it should come easy
To focus on ones pleasures solely
And not change for friends, or family.

In a world full of broken people, promises
I want to stay true to my being
You've done enough harm - breaking me
Let me not pass it on, let me heal!

No comments:

Post a Comment