Friday, June 22, 2018

Nest

It wasn't love
It isn't lust
If you must know,
You were a nest.

Where for a while
I could rest.
Renew, reconcile,
And regain my zest.

Feel beautiful,
Admired and loved,
In ways that stood out,
From what was usually bestowed.

A nest to dry my feathers
Before I spread my wings
To stay during adverse weathers
And patiently wait for spring.

I'm an intruder,
Who can no longer bide
At your little abode -
As I've been gone for a while.

This has been a long haul
Though a pleasant one, I muse!
I can hear my home call
Soon spring will be here too.

Let's not sing farewell songs
Nor dig deep into reasons why
I was an unwelcome guest
Who stayed beyond my time.

I promise to move out stealthily,
Gentler than I came in -
And I've left your nest decorated
For other guests and passers by.

No comments:

Post a Comment