Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Julie

In memory of Julie, who will always live in our hearts <3


Who will, now, give me my hugs

When I'm back home, from work?

Who will play hide and seek?

You are nowhere to be seen.


Who will chase after me?

Who will jump on my saree? 

Who will growl in disapproval

If I don't give in, and let you be?


A tad tighter I should have hugged you, then –

the last time we met, when.

Should have shown you more of my cheeks 

For you to place your wet, sloppy kisses.


But, I thought you'd wait for me

At my doorstep you'd always be –

I'm sorry, I walked away!

Is that why you left me?


You simply bid a hasty goodbye

Didn’t give time or farewell songs. 

I can’t see, tears blur my eyes

How am I ought to carry on?


It’s my turn now, to anticipate 

At my doorstep, I’ll always wait

Jump down from those heavenly gates

My dear Julie, please come back for a day?  


No comments:

Post a Comment