Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Departure

You promised to heal me -
From the worst
Yet you walked away
Like the rest
Taking along with you
A piece of me, shattered.

Did I not beg you
To tread with care?
I was fragile
And even scared
Could you see I was broken?
Did you even care?

I was a little soul
Who knew
Happiness at times
Until you snatched away
Even those momentary smiles
Leaving my nest, grim
Empty, and deprived.

You made me dream plenty
Of warm, cozy nights
Knowing very well
In those heavenly skies
At the darkest hours,
You were my only light.

Seek you again,
I shall not.
I know to guard me,
you cannot.
Bonded in love –
we were not.
Yet hate or curse –
we will not.

I stop my search here
I will look no more.
I might shed a tear
Watching lovers meet
Or stay longer under showers
Letting pain and water greet.

You are free to leave,
Please pick up your pace!
Do me a favour,
And never come by.
And keep it that way,
Until I put you behind.

Even when I’m dead within -
Not feeling a heart, throb inside
Just leave me on my own
I will heal just fine!
For a crazy diamond, I may not be
But I was sure born to rise and shine!



No comments:

Post a Comment