Thursday, March 7, 2019

Numb

You say you'll break
Yet you always push me away

My presence, do you really crave?
For you never seem to want to stay!

People who caused me hurt
Even from my past, you hate

We are meant to be, you assert
Yet when I open up - you are curt.


My presence no longer cause flutter
My raunchy embraces, you claim smother

Our talks are parked for a day, another
My break outs are 'childish', why bother!

My ask for kisses, are given a miss
In our solitude, no longer is there bliss

My painful make overs, go unnoticed!
If it's someone else, you'd tell me, I wish!


I religiously ask you for your time
Knowing a new excuse, you'd always find.

I'm sorry I never meant to restrain,
Refrain, or change you or your ways!

I fell in love with your dreamy mind
I'd never want to alter it, to suit mine!

I wish you'd see my feeble fights
Were my last resorts, to keep you by my side?


You say you are tired, and almost done
From the pressure of what I want to overcome.

Having taken this step, I see you regret
Though a big misstep, you won't retreat.

Let's not be naive and try find solace
In 'if it's meant to remain, it'll be'

I don't want you numb, I want you to breathe
So, I'm letting you go. Your freedom, I bequeath.

No comments:

Post a Comment