Friday, May 15, 2020

Looking Back

There was a time
When I longed for you
For your hugs and your kisses
And to feel subdued.

There was a time 
I waited for you
To give me some warmth
Amidst morning dews.

I was in love
And so were you
We only saw each other
That's all I knew.

But  slowly with time,
I saw you withdrew
Day after day -
And it only grew

Those were the days
When I would wonder
Was I not pretty?
What could I do?

For years in line
I hoped in vain
That maybe some day
You'd see my pain.

Maybe I was blind
To what you wanted
Maybe you wished
That I'd know you too!

Those days are gone
We're no longer lovers
Two fragile, old souls
Left to ponder.

If we go back in time
Who would you choose?
Would you undo our vows?
Bear me the truth?

Now we lay
On our death beds
Having lived a life
Where we were already dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment